Thursday, May 6, 2010

Post #11, 5/6/10 Body panels arrived today


65 Mustang Restoration


I've been waiting for the forecaster to give the good news of the rain staying away for more than a day. I'd hate to blast the car, only for it to get wet on the way home,,, I even have a humidifier for the garage,, maybe it'll help.  I did have another round of Christmas today though,, my large order came in from CJ Pony Parts.





One really big box full of goodies,,, with One, Very important sticker that you need to read before you unload the box from the semi,,, telling the buyer, ("me") to make sure to check the shipment for damage before signing for it. OOPPPS!  Heck, by the time I saw that sticker, the Fed Ex driver was half way back to wherever he came from. Luckily all of the items looked to be in good condition.





Most of the items are for the metal work that will be started on sometime soon,, I hope. Most of the parts look like nice items,,, only a couple of the items,,, are,, can I say, in need of attention. The front, rt side, rear inner fender panel(piece the hood hinge bolts to),,, isn't punched out for the fender bolts/clips,,, fortunately I only need it for patching up the original ford panel,,, I'd hate to have to replace the factory one since it still has the matching vin # stamped on it.


I was a bit disappointed that the bushing sleeves in the rear frame rails weren't welded in, but half way,,, that's pretty shabby. Too bad some suppliers don't take more pride in their parts(not blaming CJ Pony Parts for this at all). Luckily I can weld,,,, dang I hate half-ass workmanship.

The Dynacorn hood looks beautifull,,, extremely nice,, hope it fits!  


Also included was a nice new fuel tank & parts to make it work. Battery tray, trunk floor panels, rear cross brace, bumper brackets, 2 inner wheel houses(2 outers on BO),,, and then there's the awesome new Cowl which they were smart enough to ship in 2 pieces.



(Above) Top side of both panels of the cowl.



Bottom side of both panels of the cowl. 

I was super glad to find out that the cowl would be in 2 sections. Since the cowl is responsible for rotting out more floors than anything else on the car,,, if there's one area that I wanted to really be able to apply the special KBS Coatings to,,, it would be the lower cowl panel.  I was worried that I wasn't going to be able to if the cowl was pre-assembled.  


Well, I guess if we can't work on the car itself,,, we'll get started on cleaning the hundreds of other items,,, Crap there's a lot to do!



No comments:

Post a Comment