Friday, July 1, 2011

Post #38, 7/1/11 More New Parts Arrival

65 Mustang Restoration

 Well, I talked to Kristy at Laurel Mountain Mustang on Monday. She asked me to send some pics of the dented quarter & the box, which I did( I was late for work a bit), and when I got home, I saw her email saying that they were sending me out another quarter panel, with the request that I check it out immediately once it arrived. Sounded good and fair to me! 
 




Pretty sad huh?  Luckily(Hopefully) the new quarter will arrive soon. I've been working so hard at work, that I just realized it was the 4th of July weekend coming up,,, yippie,,, 3-day weekend. It sure would have been nice to have had the new quarter panel arrive,, maybe yet tomorrow(Friday). 

Last time I stated that we just ordered a bunch of new parts, mostly all of the electrical items,,, they showed up today,,, pretty small box compared to the ton of money they cost. I hope I don't bore to many of you with the pics of the new parts,, but I don't know of a better way to prove/show the potential buyer of this car, what has all gone into it.

15 bills doesn't look like much huh? And that's with approx. $250 in savings & Free Shipping!  All of the parts came from CJ Pony.
 

  The wheel you see, is the new spare tire(it looks much better in person). My boss bought a set of these for his 65 coupe, and I just loved how great they looked on his car,,, I thought the size looked perfect,, this is a Magnum 500 wheel, with BFG 205/60/15 tires. My boss's spare didn't fit very well at all in his car, so before I go welding in the spate tire mounting bracket, I figured I had better get the proper tire/wheel so I could mount the bracket where it actually fit the best.



New tail light buckets, under dash wiring harness, seals,,,


New headlight & taillight harnesses, parking & backup light kits, taillight bezels/lenses, Petronix II electronic ignition & flame thrower coil, and more wiring,,,


More wiring, sending units, headlight switch, bulbs, etc,,,
 
More switches, special screws/nuts, grommets, seals & wiring.

These are some other parts from CJ, Laurel, NPD & ebay,,,


New Grill,,,, I wish my name was Scott Drake!


MSD wires, pair of quarter panel ornaments, door strikers, and hood emblem,,,
 
Heater motor(2-speed) & fan(NPD), and parking brake assembly, and all the bits for the trunk lid lock.

I actually have a couple more decent size orders on their way from CJ & Eastwood,, hopefully they'll all show up soon, along with the quarter panel. We're hoping to get some bits & pieces done this weekend,, depending on the weather(heat) & what else all shows up in the mail.

Till next time,,, 

3 comments:

  1. Come on we all love pictures! Scott Drake parts are as close to original as you will ever get. worth the $$$

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree,,, they do seem very nice, but some items are a bit pricey,,, maybe not so bad,, but when you have to buy a ton of items,, that price tag sure gets up there fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You so much, these pictures were of great help. The body shop for some reason disassembled the mechanisms for the quarter windows but thanks to your clear pictures it was a piece of cake to assemble.

    ReplyDelete