Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Post #67, 2-21-24, Catching up on past additions, updates & road trips.

 65 Mustang Restoration

   I know it's been a few years, so I figured I should catch up on a few things (have to remember how to do this). 

   Starting with some of the finishing touches to the interior.

  The TMI seats have been extremely comfortable, especially on the longer road trips. The large bolsters really help to keep you planted in the seat.

  I was very fortunate to come across our center console. I fits the car perfectly, especially with the A/C unit and it literally, only takes 30 seconds to install/remove it. Two items that are not in this picture,,, are: I have mounted the cruise control switch on the left side of the shifter (works great & easy to reach/operate). And secondly, when I built this car, I decided Not to install an exterior antenna on the front fender, but instead decided to try an electronic one, mounted under the dash,,, which worked horribly. So one day while working on the interior, I decided to just plug in my new oem style, full size, exterior antenna, and it worked great. To bad I can't hide this huge antenna in the car! But wait,,, it fits perfectly under this console, and nobody will ever know it, and it works perfectly.

Been to a few car shows, including a huge Good Guy's Show in Des Moines, Ia.

Won some hardware,,

Had Barney Fife chasing down some bad guys,,,

And even the "The Fonz" Henry Winkler, made an appearance.


Been out for several cruise nights, especially the huge ones when Covid was letting up a bit.


We did the "Last Ride" over the Sabula/Savanna Bridge before it closed,,

We wandered down to St. Louis and saw the sights & eat a ton of Amazing food!


Unbelievable BBQ at Pappys Smokehouse!
And our road trip through South Dakota was absolutely Amazing!



The "Dignity" Statue was extremely cool!
The Corn Palace.
The Badlands were pretty awesome to see, glad we went. Also an official "Dark Site" for star gazers.
Mustang Sally's, In Deadwood, SD.
The 1880 Train Ride in Hill City.
And "Crazy Horse" was a lot of fun, and their museum was amazing!
Devil's Tower was also a great time & about a 1.5 mile hike around it's base. This is the mountain from the movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind".

And you definitely don't want to miss "Needles Highway".
The tunnels were awesome along with all of the needles.
And if you look through the tunnel, you can see it's a picture frame for Mt. Rushmore.
And of course we can't forget Mt. Rushmore!

The Akta Lakota Museum was great.
And the day we were at "Falls Park", SD. the river was raging!
The Strategic Air Command  Center in Ashland, Ne. was full of wonderful items, including a SR71 Blackbird behind all of that glass.
The Train Depot in Galena, Il.
The Amana Colonies in Iowa.
Waited for quite a bit to catch this shot with the restored #4014 Big Boy train.
And then there's my old high school in Monticello, Ia. I'm glad I took it when I did, because as I am writing this,,, after 101 years, it is being torn down,, and it is no more!

And another car show, on main street, in my home town.
These are some of the fun places we have been in the Mustang. 
 
Stay tune for a couple more upcoming blogs on a few updates & installs on the car. 

No comments:

Post a Comment