Saturday, October 30, 2010

Post #27 10/30/10 Dash & Cowl Install

65 Mustang Restoration

Well obviously all didn't go as planned, as we didn't get a chance to completely install the dash last weekend. However since then, we've not only been able to finish the dash installation, but we're about 95% done with the installation of the cowl section. 









For those of you who are every considering doing something crazy like restoring a car,,, you need this tool.



It's just a nice simple 115v spot welder. I finally talked myself into going out to Harbor Freight last weekend and picking one up. This is the same spot welder that many places charge $500-$600 for,, BUT at Harbor Freight it was on sale for only $159.95,,, but while I was there, another customer handed me a 20% off coupon, which dropped the price down to $130,, big difference from $500. Though there is a slight amount of assembly required, once you've got it adjusted properly,,, man does it work nice!  I kick myself for not having this sooner,,, a Huge time saver, and it does a Great job spotting panels together. Don't be a cheap-skate, get this welder!

I guess we'll have to see what this weekend has in store for us,,, hopefully I'll be able to have something else to report on.
Till then,,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment